A place where natural curiosity and imagination lead to exploration and discovery in learners of all ages. Brought to life by the National Center for Family Literacy (NCFL), our Wonders of the Day® will help you find learning moments in everyday life—ones that fit in with dinner preparations, carpool responsibilities, a stolen moment between breakfast and the bus, or within school curriculum and education programs.
STEM Information for Families
National PTA’s STEM Plus Families initiative increases access to STEM education and careers, especially among under-represented youth, by developing, evaluating and sharing effective ways to engage families in STEM experiences, while working with partners to improve access to STEM school and community learning environments. PTA’s vision is that all students have the family and community support needed to access and pursue STEM opportunities and careers.
Family Engineering invites educators, engineers, university science and engineering students, community youth leaders, and parents to inspire the next generation of critical thinkers and problem solvers with exciting, hands-on activities and events for elementary-aged children and adults.
Reading resources for the whole family!
- PBS Kids website with reading activities related to PBS Kids shows
- Florida Department of Education page for family reading
- Non-fiction articles and news, great for social studies connections and current events!
- Scholastic website and activities for kids
- Nonfiction current event articles that you can sort by Lexile level! This website includes ages through high school, so please help your child select articles